Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Walk with Purpose, and FO's

I have some old FO's to share tonight thanks to a YarnStars group photo shoot.
PS -- what do we think about that ladies? shall I refer to us as YarnStars or the Yarners? Maybe something else? I like YarnStars and I know at least Ariel will too.

Anyhow tonight we celebrated Ariel's birthday (she was at Sock Camp so we couldn't celebrate on the exact day) with dinner at Canestaro's in Fenway, ice cream at Emack and Bolio's, then knitting at Catherine's. The title of this blog refers to our discussion of the Brookline Hooligans (they hang out in Coolidge by the CVS -- you know em when you see em) and how they dont mess w/ Ariel b/c she looks more hardcore than they do. Catherine (I think?) said they key to not getting messed w/ was to "walk with purpose" ie look like tough sh*t. Today was also the Boston Marathon but we at Harvard do not get it off so while those poor runners braved the Nor'easter I was safe and sound in the lab.

And now, for some yarn Glamour Shots. Ooooh Aahhh



Project Name: Fetching
Pattern: free from Knitty
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, color 607, purple, one ball
Needles: US 6 bamboo
Pattern adjustments: knitted exactly as pattern states
Notes: The picot bind off is very pretty but as soon as you start wearing these babies it rolls up on you (you can kinda see that in the pictures). So its not very nice to have the part of the mitts you want to be the tightest to roll up and be all loosey-goosey. I suppose I could extensively block them, and then they might stay for a little bit, but not forever. However, I do not block if I can avoid it. Which means I dont ever block. Its just annoying. I'll pin them out the first time I wash them and see if it does any good. If it doesnt, then I wont bother again. However, they are very comfortable and warm.


And here is the scarf I made to match the Fetching mitts its a light spring / fall scarf. And the serious pose was Catherine's idea but I actually think its the best of the lot so there it is.




Project name: Purple scarf
Pattern: garter stitch
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, color 607 purple, 3/4 ball
Needles: US 15 metal
Notes: Nothing much to say here just a pretty garter stitch scarf that i wanted to be simple, quick, and semi lacy / webby.

Anne I think you will get a laugh out of that picture of me, remind you of any photo shoots from our misspent youth? (:{

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm the "walk with purpose" one - it's how I look more hardcore. Goodness knows it's not a skateboard! ;)

Anne said...

lol, that picture is awesome...are you referring to the photo shoot the year of the road-trip-gone-wild? :)