It is, however, sunny and warm (finally!) for at least a few days. So here are some pictures from my bike ride today along the Charles River.
I like tree stumps. I dont know why, I just do. Especially ones with moss and decay. Jagged ones, even better.
Occasionally, there is some spring green where public works crews have planted some flowers. So early spring in Boston is not altogether barren and devoid of color. Here are some daffodils along the river.
Passersby thought it funny that I was crouching down on the ground taking pictures in my biking gear, but I didnt care. Whatever. I'm not going to take off my helmet and gloves for the 10 minutes I stopped to take pictures.
After biking (and showering) I wandered over to the Booksmith and made some impulse purchases. Living by the Booksmith has led to many an impulse purchase, mostly books and jewelry (yes the bookstore carries curios and jewelry and even beautiful stationary!) but Ive gotten the impulse buys down to one very couple months, so its not so bad. Good thing I dont live close to a yarn store. Or I'd never have any money to pay the rent.
I bought two beautiful Edward Gorey children's books. They were 2 I'd never seen before and the cover drawings are incredible. Since they were on sale, I couldnt not buy them. I just read them both and it made me so very happy that I bought them. (:{
I was going to try to clean my room, but it never really happens at night. I dont know why, I just dont like to clean at night. Weird, I know. I'm weird.
1 comment:
I know how you feel about people looking at you when your crouched down taking pictures! They look at you like your some alien! I like your stump pics! :)
Post a Comment