Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sports etc

So Ive been avoiding talking about the two hockey seasons that just ended due to the depressing end they both had.
First, I'm glad that the Bruins GM decided to keep Coach Lewis. Too much change is just too much. After the rebuilding last year and this year I think the team could use some calm. In the middle of the season after the players got to know each other they had a great run of wins, it gelled. But then GM changed it up some more and they began to lose again. In any event I'm looking forward to see what they do next season. I have hope. (of course I do, I was raised a Cubs and a Bears fan).
For the Stanley Cup though I'm hoping its Buffalo. I love the new guys in the sport like Malkin, Ovechkin, and of course Crosby, but i think the older guys like Chris Drury have so much more to show us. The man is just Clutch. (of course, he went to BU, so I'm conditioned to love him, they fed it to us in the water at Walter Brown Arena). And it helps that the Sabres are The Complete Team. They have it all together. If I had to pick an alternate for rhe cup it would be the Devils. Love Brodeur and Pandolfo is amazing too.
Moving on to college hockey. Well, as expected, most of the teams in the NCAA tourney behaved as per usual. BU had an awesome season then folded in the tourney. Same with UNH. Maine and BC had fair to middling seasons then pulled it all out for the tournement, both making the Frozen Four. Minnesota had an amazing season but lost to North Dakota, again, as usual. The only surprise was Michegan. Usually I'd be all about surprises, and also all about BC losing. BUT a Hockey East champion would be so nice. SO BC losing to Michegan St was very not kewl and dissapointing at the very least. Sigh. Maybe next year.
Allright enough hockey banter for now. Back to the hated laundry. Hopefully back to knitting soon as well.

No comments: