Monday, April 23, 2007

This is my Massachusetts

Went for a longer bike ride today: 20 miles. Almost up to my usual 23 mi route. I did go the usual route, just shortened it, so I got to see all of my favourite spots. Soon everything will be alive and blooming again but I'll show you all what it looked like today. There are a couple spots conspicuously absent from the photoshoot, but that's b/c they were too crowded with people to stop and take pictures.

Here's my bike by one of several bridges that just scream "Boston"


The really nice biking doesn't come until about 5 miles out of the city when you hit trails kept up by the DCR. They have nice carvings and markers but I wish the DCR would also add some bathrooms along the 10+ mile path.

The image above is at the very beginning of the niceness. Below is one of the kewlest bridges along the path.


Above is another area where the river whirls and froths and makes pleasant falls sounds. Below is the view from my absolute favourite bench to sit on. I always stop there and stretch and eat my snack. I can hear the falls pictured above and the sounds of birds and bugs while looking at an old bridge. In the summer there will be purple wildflowers everywhere. Cant wait.



Also, while sitting and eating my snack some of my friends came over to say hello. I had a visit by some mallards as well , but they didn't get close enough for a good shot. Will be more interesting when there are goslings about.
I could also go on and on about all of the idiot pedestrians that litter the Bike Path but I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I am talking about, no need for me to bitch and get all irritated again. And as per usual, I'm left w/ an odd reminder of today: a strange sunburn. I'm really good at getting them. For some reason I only burn in bizarre patterns. You know, in case you get bored of looking at a normal me.

Wish I could say I also had a FO to share but the nice weather delayed my knitting a bit. And general slack-ass-ness helped too.

No comments: