Thursday, June 21, 2007

Secret Summer Solstice Pal

So our knitting group decided to do a second secret pal swap (I didnt have a blog for the first, Secret Cupid). And this time I pulled Ariel's name out of the hat. Well, ok, it was a knitting wip bag, but you get the point. You have already seen the knitted gifts I gave Ariel (Zombies Need Not Apply wristcuffs, and the stars). I also gave her little starry trinkets.


Here's Ariel hiding behind her pillow wearing the wristcuff. Funny story about the pillow is that after we chose names I was walking with Alexis and Catherine and Alexis spotted this pillow in the window of Walgreens and declared that whoever had Ariel had to buy it. Well, of course I had to buy it. Too bad it was on top of a tall display case and we nearly knocked over a whole isle to get at it. Luckily Catherine is taller than I and was able to grab it.









And what is this? Why its my gift from Amanda!!

Its a beautiful reversible cloth wip bag from Blue Kitty Designs. (the inside is rolled down for your viewing pleasure)















And inside the bag was Godiva chocolates (oh heaven), Cheeky Monkey Yarn, kitchener stitch markers, and the Perdita bracelets from Knitty! Yay!
The kitchener stitch markers are super cute, they tell you how to kitchener stitch up a toe of a sock. They are shrinky-dinks! (I used to love those -- I'd always turn the light on in the oven and watch them transform).












Here is a close-up of the yarn porn. The name of this colorway is Strange Brew, yay for beer references!











All in all a super happy day. I've already worn the black bracelet, thanks Summer Solstice Pal!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Yes I risked my life for that pillow... or at least a broken arm. Hehehe... see what we do for friends? Yay secret gifts!!