So I know i decided to make this a knit / craft blog (and I did that mostly to prevent myself from excess squabbling and bitching -- all things no one wants to hear)(unless you are really really funny -- then bitching is like a joke. but i'm not that funny), BUT I'm busy with a giant baby blanket (yes still) and some secret projects, so no knitting for you! All will be revealed after the summer solstice (;{
Anyhow....
The last game of Sir Stanley's Cup was played last night, thanks to the Anaheim Ducks. It was the dreaded Ottawa Sens against the Ducks, and I have to say, I was so more than happy that the Ducks wiped the floor with the Sens. I just hate the Senators. They are such dirty bastard players (except for their goalie, Ray Emery) that they did not deserve to win. When things started to look bad for them during the regular season, instead of gritting their teeth and getting better, they resorted to dirty hits on good players to take them out even if they didnt have the puck.... Dirty. Dont get me wrong, I Love the fighting in the NHL, but there are things that are just Too far. And the Sens do them too much. So, ok, neither the Bruins or Buffalo won, but, the Neidermeyer brothers are wonderful to watch (now can we just get the Pandolfo's on the same team? that would rock) and the Ducks really had it this season. So go them. Also, the last game was really a blowout, and I hope the Sens are smart enough to not use Emery as a scapegoat, he did the best he could.
*Tangent* flashes hands
While on commercial breaks during the game, I read the last of The World According to Garp. And, damn you John Irving! I haven't cried since Summer Sisters, and at least then, I knew why I was crying. You made me cry during the Stanley Cup!?? And I'm not even sure why since I have a bad habit of reading the afterward of a book in the middle of the book (esp if I actually like the book) and so I knew what was going to happen, I just didn't think it would have Such a profound effect.... And I'm still not sure why.....
Another tangent *flashes hands*
Today our wonderful leader said "I said to Vladimir, I call him Vladimir, there's no reason to be afraid of our missile defense program." Ok, so Captain Disaster has decided to start Another war? One that has already decidedly ended? Seriously? Thats it, I'm moving to Canada! At least in Canada they properly appreciate good hockey! I hope they appreciate good knitting too....
Ok, thats all my rants and raves for a while now. back to secret knitting and essay writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment