once again I have knit up a christmas gift, way too close to deadline (I'm leaving town weds), from a pattern I invented in my head. and once again, its so small it might not even fit a child's head. this one is possibly fixable as the strands between the colors were too tight, and the different colors are spaced apart, so I could just cut all of the strands that i carried along and weave them in, allowing for the garment to stretch to its full potential. however, that is a heck of a lot of work. so before i do all of that i'm going to gift the hat. b/c what if the recipient doesn't like it? anyhow, i'd show a picture that would better explain all of this, but the person may be reading this. so full explanations will be had at the end of this week.
bah!!
maybe this will teach me......
never knit on a deadline from a pattern you invent in your head.
I also had some Very Serious Issues with the ill-fated Endpaper's today. I effed up the kitchener bind-off in a major way and lost some stitches off the needles. sigh. maybe today was just not a good day to knit. maybe my brain is too cluttered to knit complicated patterns. whatever happened to knitting for relaxation? its never good when your knitting stresses you out.
And today was one of those days that I really needed Something to go right. B/c it was such a downer. Thanks to the nor'easter and warm temps there is nothing but flood and slush in addition to the snow piles outside. and as i was walking to work to pour some plates i was drenched completely in road slush by motorists speeding unsafely down longwood ave. not once, not twice, but four times! by the time i got to hsph i was ready to cry and freezing and drenched in dirty water. b/c it isnt bad enough that i had to go to work on a crappy sunday. thank you masshole drivers. i hope karma is a giant bucket of sewage that drops on your head. luckily i have access to the mouse breeding facility that has clean scrubs.
No comments:
Post a Comment