Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday Catch Up

Well now that I'm back from the apathetic void known as my parents house and I'm (shock!) not sick (yet!) I can start updating on my life and my FO's, and proceed with the year-end wind down.

Here is the courtyard of my apartment the day after our first big storm. it looked much the same the day I left Boston except it was snowing like crazy and a couple more inches were on the ground. I would have taken pictures of the somewhat sunny storm the day I left but I had a million bags in my hands and I was trying to make it to the airport (relatively) dry and on time. Or, just in time to be delayed for 6 hours!






Yay nekkid yarn pictures! Here is my Christmas present from Andreas. Very nice wool in a wonderful colorway. He knows me too well! (:{












Close -up of yarny goodness!!













Here is a picture of my sister's fiance's kid, or, my step-nephew-to-be, we'll just call him Jonathon. That's the cats sleeping box and he's proving that he fits inside. I have some nice pictures of the kid when he was in a good mood (he can be such a crankypants!) b/c he hung around me a lot. And that's a big part of why I didn't get much done. I was too busy reading and playing games w/ my new best friend. Its kinda hard to say no to a cute kid who follows you around like a puppy. At least he likes me, it could be worse.


The day after Christmas my sister and I did our usual retail trip to downtown Chicago. This year we didnt buy much due to budgetary constraints but it was nice to just be down there on a beautiful day. Here is a reflection of some skyscrapers in the giant mirrored Bean.









And here is the view looking straight up into the underbelly of the Bean. neat huh?










Other than that everything was pretty low key. Had a nice Christmas other than having a migraine the day of, sigh. But everyone loved their knitted snowflakes so that's good. Still have some Holiday cards to send out though. I'm so behind on everything this year!! Definitely a little lonely here in Boston w/ no one else around!

No comments: