

So we decided to exchange at Bertucci's on a Sunday evening. Here I am with the first thing I pulled out of my goodie bag: a DNA model! Look how delighted and surprised I was! Oh, and my Spook was Catherine! (there's nothing here about the gift I gave Alexis b/c her knitted item is still not finished. I got in a bit over my head.)
Here is a round-up of the rest of the loot!. Cupcake and crossbones crochet pot-holders, gothtini glass and sugar skullies, a voo-doo doll key chain, a flesh-eating bacteria!, handmade cloth bags with bats and moons!, stickers, a pendant, and a blue glass hangy w/ a bat on it.
Thanks Catherine!

Here is a close up of the knitted DNA model! I brought it to work to show it to all the scientists and they were amazed and jealous!

Here is a close up of the gothtini (it had chocolate in it, I ate it all) and the Day of the Dead sugar skullies. What a neat idea - to incorporate other dead themed holidays!

Finally, here is my little flesh eating bacteria (Streptococcus pyogenes) at home with his pals ulcer (Helicobacter pylori) and kissing disease (mononucleosis or Epstein Barr virus). I love my giant microbes! As a side note, Alexis gave me the Epstein Barr for Secret Cupid, I just didnt have a blog then. And a friend from college gave me an ulcer for my birthday- she said that she hoped if she gave one to me it could somehow be a talisman to prevent me from giving one to myself (I was not surprisingly stressed about finals at the time).
No comments:
Post a Comment