I know as of late there have been more non-crafty posts than crafty ones, and I promise soon to put up my Secret Spook goodies, some FO ceramics, and some knitting and crocheting WIP's but right now i need to talk about something else.
Today at work I've gotten absolutely nothing done. Well, ok, I made 3 graphs. But mostly I've just been sitting here staring out into space wishing to feel better. I know I should probably just go home and curl up in a ball and watch tv, but I dont want to. I want to be normal and feel normal again. I dont think I'm making any sense. Maybe I should explain. This is day 3 of Byetta injections. After three years of tinkering, hoping, tinkering more, and crossing fingers my endocrinologist and I have come to the conclusion that metformin just isnt adequate. Its not doing it for me. And so on to other meds. Since I've already tried so many different diabetes meds there were few options left. After months of researching on my part I made the decision to try Byetta again. I've been on it before and had success until my life got whacky while studying for the MCAT's and i stopped exercising and eating properly. So I knew what to expect. I knew the first month is hell. But it doesnt make it any easier. The nausea is overwhelming. The space-cadetness is overwhelming. Eating ginger helps with the nausea. But I have yet to find a remedy for this foggy-headed dream land I'm in. I dont remember this being part of the slew of side effects I encountered the first time I tried Byetta, so maybe it goes away relatively quickly. I hope. The worst part is I cant even concentrate long enough to knit!
Right now I'm trying to stay focused on the positives that I remember (decreased appetite, weight loss, less sore-ness and tired-ness and fatigue during workouts, better sugar control, better A1c).
All this baloney of having stupid type 2 diabetes as a youngin really just sucks. thank you genetics.
Anyhow I'm done w/ my rambling complaint. Will return to regularly scheduled craftyness soon. I hope.
1 comment:
Hey, Sorry to hear that you have't been feeling well. I hope it get's better soon. Missed you Sunday. Hope you'll be able to join us next time. Did you get the alpaca and the spindle from Catherine? You can keep the fiber. I'd like the spindle back, sometime, but no rush at all :)
Post a Comment