Thursday, November 1, 2007

Transporting a giant cake to work: a tutorial

Have you ever spent 6 hours making the most absolutely delicious Chocolate Stout Cake Ever for a work going away party only to realize you have no round tupperware cake transporter thingie, and in fact have no tall cake holder whatsoever? And how the heck are you going to bring this wonderfully frosted yummy all the way to work? Well, have no fear I have figured it out! And I am here to share my wisdom with you.


Step 1: Bake and frost super yummy 3-layer cake













Step 2: measure lots of plastic containers/drawers until you find a suitable one.

















Step 3: dump said drawer's belongings into a paper bag. Wash plastic drawer vigorously.













Step 4: Put cake on plate in plastic drawer.

















Step 5: plastic wrap the heck out of it.





Step 6: Bring onto bus and endure strange looks.








Step 7: bring to work, cut, and enjoy.










As a side note: this cake was Really heavy. It tasted unbelievably amazing, but is not fun to carry. In the future, I will not make such heavy cakes for work and may even buy myself one of those plastic cake transporter thingies. Maybe.
Also I used Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout; less butter; less sugar overall; and some brown sugar for the cake. The frosting was a pound of Trader Joe's Belgian Bittersweet and heavy cream.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Thank You! Your cake looks soooo yummy!! ...maybe Santa will have to bring you a cake holder... :)