Like a hat for my poor cold head.

Here is the progress as of Saturday. Its actually a lot longer but I couldnt get a good picture of it.
Speaking of cold body parts and hats, well, ok, speaking of outer clothing, I've decided I need a new coat. My current coats are 5 and 2 years old. And neither are quite appropriate for this new, warmer, winter due to the Global Weirding. The pea coat is more of a "nice" coat and as such I dont want to be wearing it every day. The Columbia coat is for super duper cold weather (the kind we used to have here all winter long) and I've been sweltering and sweating profusely in it. Which, oddly, doesn't stop my forehead and ears from freezing off. I have also come to loathe the Columbia jacket due to purchasing idiocy on my part. I really dont know what kind of drugs I was on when I decided to buy a lavender colored coat in size large. I dont like lavender. I want black. I stick out like a weirdo on city streets in a giant lavender coat. When its too warm to be wearing a giant coat. whine whine and yes i'd like some cheese with it. I also thought I'd need extra room for all those bulky sweaters I'd be wearing except for the fact that it no longer is arctic winter here (well, ok, we still get air streams from the arctic, but they are warmer now) and the coat itself is so damn warm that I cant wear sweaters with it. So its huge for no reason.
So goodbye resolution #5, hello new coat when my tax rebate arrives.
Also, tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to Flat Stanley who was sent to me by Jonathon (sisters-fiances-son) for his kindergarten project. Flat Stan had a good time here in Boston and in Philly and now its time to go back to the Illinois and tell his story to Jonathon's class.

Here is "Pocket Stan" hanging out in his fav spot in my coat.

One of the neater picts taken of Stan at Trinity Church on a fun day out with Anne.Stan at a marker for Elfreth's Alley, the oldest residential street in the USA in Philly.
Bye Stan! Hope you had fun!
2 comments:
sniff, we'll miss you flat stanley!
Um...hel-lo! Saving more and spending less doesn't count when you have *necessities*. And I'd say a coat is a necessity. I recommend a large black puffy coat - similar to the one I brought (but I swear I'm not biased). Long to help shield legs. High collar for neck and ears. Hood for added protection over hats. Seriously, my best winter investment when I was living there.
Lord & Taylor, they should be having a sale now. That's where I got mine - half off.....last year.
Just my $0.02...
Post a Comment