Monday, February 11, 2008

Sneak Peeks

Without internet at home its been hard to find time at work to sneak a post. I am *eventually going to post a long sad story regarding the Endpaper mitts and all their woe, but just like I was procrastinating fixing them and finishing them, I am procrastinating writing that post. But, they ARE FINISHED. Which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself.
As proof, see sneak peek picture below.





Pretty colors distract from the real danger these mitts pose.

















One good thing (among many) to come out of the completion of the Endpaper's is that I've finally gotten my knitting mojo back! For the first time in a long time I actually Want to knit.
And what is it that I'm staying up late to work on lately? Why a scarf giftie. Its a double - knit scarf and I've heavily modified the pattern, but so far its coming along splendidly. Hopefully it will be completede soon and I'll have more FO goodness. After this I'm going to work on some mittens for my sister that I started ~2 years ago and a hat for myself. B/c my poor head is cold.



Checked goodness!



















* A mid Feb update on other life type things:
Had an interview at Drexel Med, I think it went really well. I'll hopefully hear from them in 6 weeks or so.
The weight loss was going well (I had lost 3 lbs since Dec) until this past week where I did a complete 180 and gained it all back. Which nearly sent me to tears in the gym on the scale. After seeing the numbers slowly go down since November it has been heart wrenching to see them inching back up for the past 2 weeks. I really hope I can get back on track and reverse this recent trend. (And no, its not muscle gained. I'm back to not being able to fit in my clothes. And besides I'm not doing any weight lifting right now).
I made an appointment with a physical therapist for my neck and shoulder, hopefully my insurance will decide to cover therapy so I can get back to weightlifting and have less migraine from neck strain.
My Uncle made it through brain cancer surgery and is amazingly not paralyzed. Chemo / radiation will start soon.
Still dont know if it was sepsis or endotoxemia that killed my mice.
Spent some quality time with Amanda who was visiting Boston this weekend and bought some nifty fabric that I hope to one day make into WIP bags.
OK, back to work!

No comments: