Friday, February 22, 2008

Today is brought to you by the letter: E

Eclipses and Envirosax!
And Photoshop of course.

Well on weds night as I'm sure most of you know there was a lunar eclipse. I missed the last one so I was glad that my Yarners reminded me of this one. Luckily I could see it off the back of my porch. Before I went to see it I decided to try and find the night function I knew was on my camera but just couldn't seem to find myself by trial and error. So I finally gave up and read the manual. And of course I (re)discovered all the other awesome functions for snow, fireworks, beaches, etc that I could have been playing around with all this time. Oh well, better lat than never huh?
Anyway the eclipse was major awesome!

Here are some pictures of the progression of the eclipse. Using the flash on my camera caused the one on the top right to be yellow-ish and without the flash I got the blue-ish glow. Neat huh? The only photoshopping done to these pics is that I cropped them and put 4 together. No sharpening or color enhancement. Pretty good for a basic point and shoot digital camera, I think.







Last night while picking up a copy of the H.R. Giger book on sale at the Booksmith for Ariel (I already had one for myself! Ahh - spending monies!) I broke down and bought an Envirosax. I had seen them several times and finally the guilt of always getting plastic bags at the Booksmith when others were using these little fellas got to me. Oh the guilt. Damn you Brookline and all your conscientiousness! I already have a couple canvas bags that I use to go grocery shopping, but they are pretty bulky and dont fold up small enough to carry around every day. And I often stop at either Trader Joes or CVS or the Booksmith after work and I hate always using more plastic bags. So I guess its a good investment. And trendy. (Ahh - more spending monies!)


You can see that it rolls down into almost nothing and it is super light so it adds almost nothing to the weight of a purse or bag. So now it lives in my bag that I carry to work.
And now I can shop with a little less guilt! Always a bonus!















Although, all this spending monies still hasnt quelled my desires for a new coat and for new funky sneakers. Sigh.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ooh your pics came out great! Perhaps I should have read my manual also. :-P

I think you will love your little bag! I got one at Borders and I just clip it on my purse. At some point its just like ugh, too many plastic bags!