Saturday, December 14, 2013

So much!

Wow, I haven't posted since APRIL. So much has happened since then.

Quick rundown:
Wrote papers (of the scientific variety)
submitted some papers
wrote thesis
submitted thesis to committee
sent emails to profs asking if they had any post-doc positions
got revisions on some papers
interviewed for a post-doc position
some papers published (hooray!)
thesis accepted by committee
learned InDesign and turned my thesis into a printed book
books arrived
handed out books
Thesis Defense!
PhD graduation!
"Holiday" with my parents and Jamie
Offered post-doctoral research fellow position in Birmingham
Return from holiday, open Etsy shop ( https://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveBacteriaArt )
applied for UK visa
UK visa successful and received
visit Birmingham and find a place to live
fill out forms and pay fees on rental house in birmingham

And still so much left to do this year! I start my new job January 13, 2014.
We hopefully move the first week of Jan.
I have realized since writing my thesis that I really do not like writing and that's why I hardly ever blog. Even though I have so much to say. I am going to try to remedy this. I want to like to write. I want to be a better writer.

No comments: