I arrived with 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks, and I will leave with a whole truck full of stuff and a cat and a boyfriend. Hard to believe my time in Utrecht is almost over. Hard to believe that I have a PhD (more on that in a later post if i ever get around to it). There are some things about Utrecht and the Netherlands in general that I will be sad to leave, but on the whole, I'm glad to be leaving. I will miss my friends here the most, and second I'll miss the fried snacks and speculaas. But I wont miss being confused on a daily basis about communicating and conversing with people in general (since I never managed to grasp the Dutch language). Scared (because who isnt at least a little scared to move to a new country), but mostly excited.
A little stressed that we still have no idea how our stuff is going to make it from point A to B (Utrecht to Birmingham). I like to have everything taken care of in advance, and we thought we did, but then life threw us a curveball. Ugh. If I had had more time or more money I suppose we could have hired professional movers but at this point we are low on funds and time. So crossing my fingers that something works out. That at least one of the people we have asked for help can help us.
Also I hate moving b/c it involves a long list of doing things that I don't like to do. It's so, Adult.
Anyway here is a random assortment of Utrecht pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment