Tuesday, September 11, 2007

this day

I promise to post pictures of the finished shawl soon, but for today I wanted to post this instead.


I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone that today is the 6th anniversary of the attacks on the WTC in NYC and the Pentagon. Lets forget the politics of today and remember that many people perished. And pause, and be thankful that we are still alive and have the luxury to forget this horrible tragedy the other 364 days of the year.



On another sad note, Alex, the famous African grey parrot of Irene Pepperberg died last week (but it was just announced in the news today). This one parrot changed the perspective of the science of the mind over the last 30 years. Incredible. Cheers to you mate.

Also, Ebola has resurfaced again in DR Congo, so if you can, try to not travel there for awhile.

No comments: