Friday, September 21, 2007

Mr. Coronavirus

So while back I won a contest on Catherine's blog and my prize was a sock monkey and a crochet fan bookmark. She let me pick out the socks for my monkey by taking a picture of all her socks and then i picked one. I ended up picking one that looked like it was blue socks with polka dots on it, but when I actually saw the monkey in person there was a pleasant surprise. The "polka dots" look like coronaviruses!! Wheee! I was super excited about that so that's what I named him.





Observe here the circle with the little peg-like things on the outside.




















There are two more.
















Here is a textbook illustration of a coronavirus and a scanning electron microscope picture of actual coronavirus particles. See the similarity!??
Pretty sweet huh









And here are the pictures of the full size Mr. Coronavirus and the little crochet fan bookmark. The book mark is very pretty! I would also like to point out that this is the first stuffed animal I have received since I was roughly 10 years old. So when I got home I excitedly showed him to my roommates. Yay fun! Thanks Catherine!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

hehe, yeah his design totally looks like the coronavirus. what a special monkey! i hope he's not contagious!

also, that is a really great shot you got off the bookmark!!