Saturday, March 23, 2013

June 2012 in pictures

Ok, back to this picture thing. I will finish this. I will.

June was a big month for us. After many months of begging, presenting all the pros, and debating the cons, I convinced Jamie that we should get a kitten. The problem was, we couldnt find one! Finally after a couple weeks we found one on Marktplaatz and we picked her up. We had a choice between her and her stripey-tiger-looking sister, but sister was terrified of us. Our little kitten nestled up to me immediately and didn't want to let go. So basically, she chose us. She was born on April 13, 2012; she was 7 weeks old when we brought her home.

Here she is sleeping in her carrier shortly after we got her home.
We named her Islay (pronounced eye-la or ay-la)



This is her on my pillow after she came out of hiding on her first morning with us. I found out pretty quickly that she hates cameras and especially flashes. 



When she finally got comfortable with us she liked to sleep on our laps or snuggle her way behind our back and sleep there. She also slept snuggled in between us at night - she was the middle spoon.



We didn't know it at the time, but she was sick this weekend. Here she is 2 days before her first vet visit, 2 days before we discovered she was not the healthiest little kitten. 



Oh and also, our amaryllis bloomed again. This time with 4 flowers!



Like all cats she loves paper bags



We had a giant cardboard box that we used as a kitten playpen. Such a tiny little thing with her ping pong ball and mousie. 



Always trying to catch or capture my camera - probably so I'll stop taking pictures of her. 



And she loved to kill and wrestle the carrot we got her from Ikea. Gotta eat those veggies!


1 comment:

Arja said...

I think you should do a caption contest with photo #2, the one on the purple pillow where she is obviously the Queen of the Universe and tells everyone to piss off!