Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pictures: January 2012

So I take a lot of pictures throughout the year, and I dont really do anything with them. Sometimes I put them on Facebook to share with friends, and sometimes not. I thought it might be nice to go post and discuss some of the pictures I took last year, by month. I'm going to do my very best to stick with this and review each month of 2012. It might take me all of 2013..... But gosh darnit, i'm going to finish something I start.
Looking back, January of last year was not very exciting as far as pictures go.

I backed a really cool Kickstarter campaign for a 3D printed sculpture. Here it is next to another fine piece of art (reproduction, of course).

I started knitting two big projects. The first was my very first cardigan, a raglan construction one using Malabrigo sock yarn. This particular iteration was eventually frogged since i was holding the yarn double and it was too tight and using too much yarn.



The second project was a baby blanket for my sisters baby. He was scheduled to be born in May, so I thought I had plenty of time. This was the third try after several failed attempts at a different pattern.



And that was pretty much it for January. Winter is always a bit of a depressing bummer here in Northern Europe.

No comments: